This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about our customers, suppliers, contractors, job applicants and other contacts to understand and meet their needs, to conduct our activities and meet legal obligations.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include contact information (such as your name, address, email address, fax and telephone number), information and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services, our website, or other matters.
Sometimes our activities require us to collect sensitive information. For more details, see the section ‘Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions’, below.
What other information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), surveys, emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings and interviews. Where necessary and with your consent, we supplement the information we receive from you with information from third party sources.
You may in some circumstances have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfil your request for a specific product or service or to participate in standards development activities we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service or we may not be able to allow you to participate in our activities.
In addition, Sarox PTY LTD uses web analytics to consolidate information on each unique visitor to their many interactions with our site. This consolidated information provides a more accurate picture of visitor journeys and use of our services and website. Web analytics data and Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or email address and therefore cannot be used to identify you.
You can find out more information on how Google uses data when you use Standards Australia’s sites or apps at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How might Sarox PTY LTD use and disclose your personal information?
Sarox PTY LTD may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented.
Generally, Sarox PTY LTD may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with our products or services that you have requested;
- Respond to your queries or feedback;
- Analyse and improve all aspects of our business including, but not limited to, our standards development processes, our business systems, processes, outcomes, communication, website, engagement and performance;
- Enable our standards development work in general, such as evaluating stakeholder proposals, contacting nominating organisations, sending delegates overseas, accrediting standards development bodies and publishing information about some or all committee work to enhance transparency and thus public confidence in our processes;
- Provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested;
- Let you know about developments in our procedures, products, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you;
- Facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events;
- Consider employment applications.
Disclosure of personal information to other parties
Sarox PTY LTD may disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
Sarox PTY LTD may disclose your personal information to third parties such as, our external service providers that provide services to us (such as training, website hosting or cloud storage, distribution of newsletters, standards and other publications developed by Sarox PTY LTD, and market research), other standards development organisations, your employer or nominating organisation, government, statutory or regulatory bodies. We may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above.
We may disclose to the public information concerning the operation on a trial or other basis where we consider that it is appropriate to do so having regard to our public interest objectives and subject to their consent.
Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions
Some of the information we collect may be ‘sensitive information’, including information or an opinion about an individual’s health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, among other things.
Sarox PTY LTD may use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are directly related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented.
Security and management of personal information
Sarox PTY LTD will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access) requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- Putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, Sarox PTY LTD will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing the information we hold about you
To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Updating your personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact Sarox PTY LTD at the contact address set out if you believe that the information we hold about you requires correction or is out-of-date.
Sending information overseas
Personal information is sent overseas in limited circumstances. Sarox PTY LTD will not send your personal information to a recipient outside Australia without obtaining your consent or otherwise complying with the APPs.
The countries in which recipients are likely to be located include New Zealand, England, Ukraine, Russia and the United States.
Updates to this Policy
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process.
We will deal with complaints as follows:
Step 1: let us know
- If you would like to make a complaint, you should let us know by contacting us.
Step 2: investigation of complaint
- Your complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer.
- A response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period.
Sarox PTY LTD
Level 5, 24 Davey Street
Hobart TAS 7000
We will endeavour to respond to all complaints and correspondence promptly.